Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Covers

Got the disappointing news today that I will most likely have NO say in my cover art... This really sucks, as I'm SO picky about covers! Hell, I won't even buy a book most of the time if I think it has a stupid/ugly/boring/laughable cover! Not unless a friend or friends recommend it to me strongly! Even then, I have to roll my eyes at some of the pictures.

Also, I know I want my cover to be striking - something that would prompt an inquisitive soul to ask the reader, if they saw them with the book, what the book is and is about. Something graphic or unusual. I dunno... Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but people DO judge books by their covers, and I've already compromised my name so I didn't alienate my audience, why would I want a cover that would compromise it further?

No comments:

Post a Comment