Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Video games

I am horribly addicted to video games. However, I was not impressed with the new Skyrim that everyone seems to be on about. I ended up trading it in for the new Spyro game, Skylanders. Have to say, kinda love it. Now the problem is that the little figures that you need to play the game are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I guess everyone got the game for christmas, so every store that carries them is currently sold out (on a side note, Monster High seems to be sold out everywhere too...).

So, now my goal for the week is to re-write chapter 1 of Penny #1. Why? Because, while I'm very happy with it and the information it gives to the reader, it's not one of those "grab the readers from the first paragraph" chapters... Granted, some of my favorite books aren't that type (Dead Until Dark, the first Sookie Stackhouse book has a slow-ish start, but I still loved it), but it seems that if I don't make it instantly interesting, I may not get a publisher... Now, it's just a matter of changing the plot slightly and keeping everything together enough that I don't lose it all together.
All this while ignoring the call of the video games *looks at the TV in the living room*.
This is not going to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment